February Webinar – Life Care Planning in Personal Injury Cases: Understanding Fundamentals and Avoiding Common Pitfalls
Happy New Year! As I reflect on 2019 and the many conversations I’ve had with attorneys around the country, I’ve fielded many questions about life care planners and the service they provide. I thought back to someone highly regarded that many of you will know of – and he graciously agreed to present on the valuable services those in his profession provide.
While HMR Funding does not provide funding for life care planning expenses, we saw the immense value in having Dr. Harvey E. Jacobs, PhD, CLCP shed light on the purpose of life care planning for our many attorney colleagues around the country.
Please join us on February 4th at 2pm EST for a free webinar, Life Care Planning in Personal Injury Cases: Understanding Fundamentals and Avoiding Common Pitfalls, where you’ll learn about the purpose, goals and multi-dimensional nature of life care planning; especially as it relates to cases involving litigation.
National Sales Manager at HMR Funding
During this free webinar on February 6th at 2pm Eastern Time with Dr. Harvey E. Jacobs, you’ll learn about the purpose, goals and multi-dimensional nature of life care planning; especially as it relates to cases involving litigation:
- The principal role of a life care plan is to educate all parties regarding the nature of disability, handicap, and effective treatment approaches.
- Understand the fundamentals and foundations of effective life care planning, including critical standards of practice and deliberative processes.
- Why no two life care plans are alike – people with similar impairments may require very different service approaches.
- The importance of engaging a life care planner early in a case, case analysis, life care planner credentials, interactions of life care planners with other experts / treaters.
- Avoiding common pitfalls and traps in case development, reports, and testimony.
- Premorbid case considerations.
About Dr. Harvey E. Jacobs – Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Certified Life Care Planner:
- As a life care planner, Jacobs serves on the joint editorial boards of The Rehabilitation Professional and the Journal of Life Care Planning.
- He is a member of the International Academy of Life Care Planning Code of Ethics Task Force and he previously served on the academy’s Standards of Practice Revision Advisory Committee.
- As a licensed clinical psychologist, Jacobs has published and lectured widely over the past 35+ years on rehabilitation for neurological, psychiatric, medical and intellectual impairments; life care planning; behavior analysis; vocational rehabilitation; and complex treatment issues across the life span.
- Serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, and is one of 50 professionals helping the Brain Injury Association of America draft national treatment guidelines for adults with TBI.
- He has served on multiple medical school faculties, hospitals, programs and facilities; and as principal investigator on federal, state and private grants focused on his noted areas of practice and expertise.
- Board member of the North American Brain Injury Society and past board member of the United States Brain Injury Alliance, the American Academy for Certification of Brain Injury Specialists and the National Head Injury Foundation.
- A graduate of Florida State University, Jacobs completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and is a National Institute of Handicapped Research Mary Switzer Research Fellow.
About HMR Funding:
HMR Funding, LLC a plaintiff-oriented medical funding company located in Richmond, Virginia. HMR Funding supports personal injury attorneys whose clients are either uninsured, under-insured or have been denied coverage.
All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. HMR Funding, LLC, makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. Any content regarding legal issues is made available by only the lawyer or law firm providing the information for educational purposes only as well as to offer general information and a general understanding of the law, not to provide specific legal advice. By using this blog site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the blog/website publisher. The blog/website should never be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.